It is important to elect leaders who have the education and experience to navigate complex issues so that we have a strong voice in county government.
Joe has both Juris Doctor and Masters of Laws degree in addition to his bachelors degree in business. He has devoted his life to helping area residents with their legal problems and has brought this expertise to Wayne County government. Many issues that come before the Wayne County Commission require a reference to the law and require legal research to fully understand the issue. Joe is perfectly suited for this challenge.
Since taking office in 2015, Joe has led the charge in many areas to bring proven results to Plymouth-Canton:
- Successfully brought 6 of the 32 major county road construction projects to Plymouth-Canton this construction season, the most in Wayne County
- Led the charge to reinstate the “Township Road Initiative” to bring Wayne County funding to neighborhood roads
- Wrote and sponsored a nearly unanimous Wayne County Resolution addressing our crumbling roads
- Instrumental in securing nearly $2 million to pave Ridge Road in Canton Township
- Approved the plan to end the Wayne County “fail jail” and bring a state of the art criminal justice center to the county
- Part of a team leading the way to bring over $1 billion in investment to Western Wayne County
- Led Wayne County to 3 straight years of budget surpluses and on track for a 4th